To ensure you have a safe and happy holiday season, it is important to establish effective oral health care prevention guidelines. This includes exercising caution with the foods you eat, the drinks you consume, and the habits you partake in. One of the biggest risks that can befall you this holiday season is dental erosion, which can slowly wear away the enamel on your teeth. Here a few guidelines to remember to keep your smile safe:
– Additional saliva has been shown to help lower the risk of dental erosion.
– Stop dental erosion by practicing effective oral health hygiene routines including cleaning your teeth and gums to rinse away food debris and plaque buildup.
– Focus on using effective oral health care tools after eating, including mouthwash or chewing sugarless gum.
– Stay away from overly abrasive products such as toothbrushes with hard bristles.
– One of the most effective ways of avoiding dental erosion is to make sure you’re eating a diet full of healthy foods and enamel building minerals such as calcium and phosphorus.
– It is essential to clean away acids in your mouth with helpful cleaning tools such as toothbrushes and dental floss.
– Be sure to brush your teeth at least twice per day and floss at least once per day.
Furthermore, dental erosion can be caused by the following ailments:
– Acid reflux disease
– Environmental factors
– Genetic predispositions
– Dry mouth
No matter which dental erosion treatments you select, the real importance is the oral health benefits it can give. If you would like Dr. Tovar and our team at Pleasant Valley Dentistry to bring you in for a comprehensive exam to determine which treatment is right for you, please schedule an appointment at our dentist office in Peoria, Arizona, by calling us at 623-561-1470.