We hope that you and your family are in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for Dr. Tovar and the entire team at Pleasant Valley Dentistry. You may have experienced this during your recent visits to our office.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- When you arrive for your appointment, we will ask some basic health screening questions and take a forehead temperature reading.
- Only essential people (patient, driver or caregiver if needed, parent for a minor, etc) are to arrive for dental appointments.
- We ask that all people were a mask when arriving. We will be happy to provide a low level mask if you do not have one.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, water bottles, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you safe in our practice.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr Tovar and Team